Field of knowledge: Use of By-products – Technology for Fruit and Vegetable Processing
FAPESP process: 2017/50349-0
Project title: Plan for Institutional Development in Research of the Institute of Food Technology - PDIP / ITAL
Working area: Production of functional ingedients for food applications
Number of vacancies: 1
Principal investigator: Dra. Sílvia Pimentel Marconi Germer
Unidade/Instituição: Fruit and Vegetable Technology Center (Fruthotec) / Institute of Food Technology - Ital
Deadline for submissions: April 20th, 2020
Publishing date: March 17th, 2020
Local: Av. Brasil, 2880 – Jardim Chapadão, Campinas - SP
E-mail for proposal submission: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The Institute of Food Technology makes public the opening of applications for a post-doctoral fellowship in the research area of Use of By-products from the Fruit and Vegetable Industry to be developed in the Fruit and Vegetable Technology Center of the Institute of Food Technology - Ital in Campinas / SP.
The mission of the Institute of Food Technology is to contribute to the progress of food, beverages and packaging areas, through research, development, innovation, technological assistance, training and diffusion of technical-scientific knowledge for agrobusiness, aiming wellness for consumers and society.
We are looking for a candidate interested in working on a research project aimed at the use of by-products from the processing of fruits and vegetables with a view to the production of functional ingredients and / or products, with emphasis on the development of processes, evaluation of physical - chemical and technological properties of ingredients, as well as nutrient retention and stability.
Pos-Doctoral (PD) Fellowships will be granted for 12 months. The fellowship demands full time dedication to the research project. After the selection, the candidate and the research project must be submitted to Fapesp for final approval of the Pos-Doctoral (PD) Fellowship.
The selected candidate will receive a São Paulo Research Foundation-FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship (BRL 7,373.10) monthly, free from income tax, and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
1. Position summary and required experience
The candidate must have a doctorate in Engineering, Technology or Food Science or similar areas, preferably with experience in the area of fruit and vegetable processing, especially in drying, equilibrium properties (sorption isotherms), functional and technological properties (hygroscopicity, water absorption, solubility, and others) and stability studies. The candidate should develop a project related to the proposed topic, be able to the orientation/co-orientation of students and to write and review scientific projects, collaborate with other developed research in the institution and be engaged in the diffusion of technical-scientific knowledge.
2. Profile and required skills:
- Doctoral degree in food technology, food science or correlated areas, completed less than seven years;
- Graduation in Food Engineering, Food Technology, Food Science or related fields;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary research group;
- English language skills for reading, scientific writing and conversation;
- Publication of the scientific results in indexed scientific journals;
Proven experience in:
- - Research in areas such as drying, fruit and vegetable technology, equilibrium properties and technological properties
- Use of statistical tools for data processing and analysis;
- Diffusion and transfer of technical-scientific knowledge;
- Orientation/co-orientation of students.
3. Application, documents and dates:
The documents listed below should be sent electronically (in a single PDF) to the evaluative committee, to e-mails firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with the title "Post-Doctorate in Use of By-products from the Fruit and Vegetable Industry":
- Short CV according to Fapesp instructions (http://www.fapesp.br/en/6351 - 4 pages MAX);
- A letter highlighting your intentions and describing your skills (500 words MAX);
The evaluation will be based on the curriculum and the fulfillment of the established requirements.
Any questions or clarifications about the application process, contact us through the e-mails mentioned.
The deadline for applications is April 20 th, 2020. The final outcome of the selection process will be communicated to applicants by email.